Water Park Slide Attendant
LEGOLAND Florida, 1 Legoland Way, Winter Haven, FL 33884 USAApply now
Water Park Slide Attendant
LEGOLAND Florida Resort is a 150-acre interactive theme park dedicated to families with children between the ages of 2 and 12. With more than 50 rides, shows, and attractions, and uniquely themed LEGOLAND Water Park, LEGOLAND Hotel, and LEGOLAND Beach Resort inspired by the LEGO and DUPLO brands, LEGOLAND is geared towards family fun!
About the role...
This position will oversee the safety of water park guests by operating an aquatic ride, slide or device, including loading, dispatching, unloading, slide resetting, operation of traffic light systems and operation of conveyor systems. Will explain and enforce LEGOLAND Water Park policies and procedures; assist water park guests in distress. This position will administer First Aid and CPR as needed & maintain records.
What you’ll be doing...
- Responsible for ensuring all company policies and procedures are adhered to by the self and guests
- Ensure the safety of guests using the equipment, by enforcing equipment restrictions
- Keep a close watch over their area to anticipate problems, intervene to prevent accidents
- Intervene to prevent unsafe behavior
- Communicate effectively with guests and colleagues
- Follow procedures and respond in the event of an emergency
- Raise the alarm if further assistance is required
- Support Lifeguards in providing emergency response if required.
- Follow all health and safety procedures
- Acquired product knowledge and keep updated on changes
- Understand the resort’s objectives and what part they can play to ensure success
- Ensure water park area and capacity is managed per local, state, and federal guidelines
- Contribute to innovations that would enhance guest experience
- Maintain minimum training as set down by the department’s procedure
- Provide medical support from team is appropriate for all guests
- Provide excellent guest service with safety in mind
- Take pride in their dress & appearance
- Demonstrate ownership of all Model Citizen facilities
Who we’re looking for...
- Must be 16 years or older.
- Have a current Red Cross First Aid and CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer or the ability to pass a LEGOLAND provided training.
- Must be able to pass written and practical skills exam for American Red Cross exams prior to duty.
- Must have visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents, and the physical ability to act swiftly in emergency situations.
· Various inside and outside locations with varying temperatures and floor surfaces.
· Exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
Other Job Requirements:
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Attendance is a mandatory function of this job.
What you'll get...
In addition to a fun and friendly environment, you will also find: competitive salary free entry to LEGOLAND Florida Resort (which also extends to family and friends) 30% discount on LEGOLAND Florida Resort food, beverage and retail products, tuition assistance, free unlimited usage of the local transit system
Furthermore you will enjoy continuous support and opportunities to branch out and develop your career within LEGOLAND and Merlin Entertainments!
** Please consider whether you'll be able to travel to and from the Resort. Some shifts may fall into unsociable hours.**
About Merlin Entertainments
LEGOLAND Florida Resort is part of Merlin Entertainments. A business built on fun, Merlin is a global leader in location based, family entertainment. As Europe's Number 1 and the world's second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates over 100 attractions, 15 hotels, and 6 holiday villages in 24 countries and across 4 continents. Our aim is to deliver unique, memorable, and rewarding experiences to millions of visitors across our growing estate of the best known names in global leisure.
Everyone Matters at Merlin.
At Merlin we welcome the world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyone matters! Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we'll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry.