SEA LIFE Trust Gweek, The Cornish Seal Sanctuary, Gweek, CORNWALL TR12 6UG GBRApply now
SEA LIFE Trust Gweek, The Cornish Seal Sanctuary
Gweek, CORNWALL, TR12 6UG
Right now, we have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic Maintenance Assistant to support the Facilities Manager in the upkeep and presentation of our 45-acre site here at the Cornish Seal Sanctuary!
The SEA LIFE Trust is a registered charity working globally to protect the world’s oceans and the amazing marine life that lives within them. Our vision is of a world where our oceans are healthy, properly protected, and full of diverse life.
About the role
This role is vital in supporting the Facilities Manager at our attraction and to ensure all work is being carried out at an optimal level.
On a daily basis you will perform a variety of routine and semi-skilled tasks involving general maintenance of facilities, equipment and buildings. Depending on assignment, duties may include cleaning, weeding, emptying bins and tidying all site areas and the general upkeep of all front and back of house areas.
Using equipment and tools such as hammers, screwdrivers, wrenches, drills, saws, and other tools commonly used to maintain facilities and associated equipment.
To succeed in this role, you will need,
- Knowledge of the use and care of commonly used equipment and tools and basic semi-skilled facility maintenance repair tasks
- To be able to perform manual labour outdoors in a variety of weather conditions and therefore be comfortable with physical demands; occasional lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling, some climbing and balancing, frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity.
- To be self-motivated with a strong eye for detail and take pride in your work. However, you’ll also be a real team player who likes nothing more than getting stuck in to resolve problems. In every case you’ll need to ensure tasks are done to the highest possible quality to ensure the agreed standards are met.
This is a busy and hectic environment and you’ll often be working in our public areas, so you’ll be keen to deliver great customer service and be confident to speak with visitors of all ages!
Why join us?
Alongside a truly unique working environment we can also offer you,
- Fortnightly pay depending on age, Under 18: £6.50ph, 18 to 20: £7.75ph, 21 to 22: £9.18ph or 23+: £9.50ph
- - Merlin Magic Pass - giving you free tickets to all our attractions worldwide for you, your family, and friends every year
Everyone Matters at Merlin.
At Merlin we welcome the world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyone matters! Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we'll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry.
If you have any questions or if you require any assistance, because of a disability or medical condition, please contact us by email at Midway.Recruitment@merlinentertainments.biz and one of the team will get back to you as soon as possible.