Purchase to Pay Associate (Accounts Payable)
1 Elmwood, Crockford Lane, Chineham Park, Basingstoke RG24 8WG GBRApply now
Purchase to Pay Associate (Accounts Payable)
1 Elmwood, Crockford Lane, Chineham Park
Basingstoke, RG24 8WG
A job with Merlin isn’t like a job anywhere else. With attractions around the world, from rollercoasters to wax figures, we don’t trade in suits, handshakes or briefcases. We trade in fun. In smiles, shrieks and spine-tingles. In Memories. In magic. But there are no tricks behind our magic. Instead, there are people like you. Passionate, dedicated people who are committed to making sure our worldwide attractions and guests’ experiences are the best they can be.
We are looking for Purchase to Pay Associates to join our Finance Hub based in Basingstoke.
SCOPE OF JOB
As a Purchase To Pay Associate, you will be responsible for processing all supplier invoices, expenses and miscellaneous payment requests, resolving queries and reconciling supplier accounts across our global markets.
- Process both PO and Non-PO supplier invoices accurately onto NetSuite;
- Liaise with key stakeholders to identify issues, build relationships and manage queries efficiently;
- Responsible for resolving any price or quantity variances, missing goods receipts and any other exceptions arising on purchase order invoices older than 7 days;
- Follow up with approvers on any non-purchase order invoices that are in approval status for more than 7 days;
- Work with the business to ensure purchase orders are closed once all goods and invoices have been received;
- Ensure compliance with the supplier set up process on the system, liaising with relevant teams as required;
- Manage a busy AP Mailbox of approximately 100 emails a day from suppliers and internal colleagues which will include invoices and queries through to resolution;
- Generate weekly payment cycles using HSBC for various currencies;
- Produce monthly statement reconciliations for key suppliers;
- Clear open items and debit balances from your allocated ledgers;
- Ensure compliance to local statutory regulations across the globe;
- Assist with new process and systems implementations;
- Work with the O2C Teams to ensure supplier accounts are accurately maintained and postings are rectified for month end;
- Support the Accounts Payable Manager with various projects as required.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 3+ years experience in a similar role;
- Self -motivated and a self-starter, with the ability to build strong relationships and work as part of a team;
- Must be comfortable with high volumes of transactions and be able to manage different work streams and priorities workload;
- Strong attention to detail and strong knowledge of Microsoft packages, including Excel;
- Knowledge/experience of computer-based accounting packages (NetSuite experience is desirable);
- Understanding of the purchase to pay process;
- Understanding of the 3-way match process and its importance to the business;
- A confident communicator; written and verbal;
- A positive can-do attitude, especially when faced with challenges and time constraints.
We’re growing fast and alongside a fun and friendly environment, we offer a fabulous package and amazing prospects - ideal if you’re already fantastic and can quickly become even better (our magic can help here). Benefits include:
- Life Assurance
- Study support (with agreement to policy) should you wish to further develop your skills and progress in Finance
- Discretionary company bonus
- 28 days’ holiday (including bank holidays)
- Merlin Magic Pass which gives you and your friends and family free admission to all of our attractions worldwide, as well as 25% discount in our retail shops and restaurants and 40% discount on LEGO.
- Excellent working environment located in our new Offices on a vibrant Business Park which offers facilities such as a café, gym and nursery.
Perhaps the biggest benefits of joining us, however, are the outstanding opportunities for career development. We’re an expanding global business so for an ambitious individual there may be exceptional opportunities as you grow and develop.
Merlin Entertainments is a truly global company, operating over 130 attractions in 25 countries. From destination theme park resorts to city centre locations, Merlin has a unique portfolio of brands and attraction formats creating a wide range of visitor experiences.
The company aims to deliver memorable and rewarding experiences to its 67 million visitors worldwide, through its iconic global and local brands – including Madame Tussauds, SEA LIFE, LEGOLAND and the Eye - and the commitment and passion of its' managers and more than 25,000+ employees.
Everyone Matters at Merlin.
At Merlin we welcome the world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyone matters! Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we'll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry.