Accountant - R2R
1 Elmwood, Crockford Lane, Chineham Park, Basingstoke RG24 8WG GBRApply now
Accountant - R2R
1 Elmwood, Crockford Lane, Chineham Park
Basingstoke, RG24 8WG
A job with Merlin isn’t like a job anywhere else. With attractions around the world, from rollercoasters to wax figures, we don’t trade in suits, handshakes or briefcases. We trade in fun. In smiles, shrieks and spine-tingles. In Memories. In magic. But there are no tricks behind our magic. Instead, there are people like you. Passionate, dedicated people who are committed to making sure our worldwide attractions and guests’ experiences are the best they can be.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced and confident Accountant to join our Finance Hub in Basingstoke.
Scope of the role
- You will be part of the Global Record to Report team responsible for the timely & accurate processing of the financial control, accounting and reporting activities in accordance with company policy, performance and quality standards;
- Works across all departments and key stakeholders to support the financial reporting process;
- You will support the implementation of the new NetSuite system to the function and on-going "roll in of new sites" to the Finance hub;
- You will drive best practice, process efficiencies and standardisation through continuous improvement using Visual Management methodology and tools.
- Preparation/approval of monthly journals working closely with key business partners for the appropriate level of support;
- Accurate and timely month end reporting in line with the Finance hub timetable across international legal entities;
- Preparation of month-end analysis and commentary for management reporting;
- Completion of balance sheet reconciliations to support reviews with Finance hub managers and business partners;
- Intercompany accounting and reconciliations, including an overview of group recharges and settlements in line with transfer pricing agreements;
- Maintain financial controls in accordance with group policies and procedures;
- Support the preparation of daily, weekly and monthly flash reports in line with the centralised reporting strategy;
- Preparation of statutory financial statements and supporting information requests for tax return completion;
- Support indirect tax, local tax and adhoc statistical reporting;
- Liaise with internal and external audit teams.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Experience working in a shared services role preferably within a similar operating model and size of organisation;
- Part qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA with 3 years + experience within finance role;
- Experience of month end close process;
- Experience of working with new finance systems preferably during implementations and stabilisations;
- Experience of process improvements and standardising finance processes;
- Evidence of building and maintaining strong relationships with key business stakeholders;
- Proactive individual with experience working in a flexible and changing environment.
We’re growing fast and alongside a fun and friendly environment, we offer a fabulous package and amazing prospects - ideal if you’re already fantastic and can quickly become even better (our magic can help here). Benefits include:
- Life Assurance
- Study support (with agreement to policy) should you wish to further develop your skills and progress in Finance
- Discretionary company bonus
- 33 days’ holiday (including bank holidays)
- Merlin Magic Pass which gives you and your friends and family free admission to all of our attractions worldwide, as well as 25% discount in our retail shops and restaurants and 40% discount on LEGO.
- Excellent working environment located in our new Finance Hub on a vibrant Business Park which offers facilities such as a café, gym and nursery.
Perhaps the biggest benefits of joining us, however, are the outstanding opportunities for career development. We’re an expanding global business so for an ambitious individual there may be exceptional opportunities as you grow and develop.
Merlin Entertainments is a truly global company, operating over 130 attractions in 25 countries. From destination theme park resorts to city centre locations, Merlin has a unique portfolio of brands and attraction formats creating a wide range of visitor experiences.
The company aims to deliver memorable and rewarding experiences to its 67 million visitors worldwide, through its iconic global and local brands – including Madame Tussauds, SEA LIFE, LEGOLAND and the Eye - and the commitment and passion of its' managers and more than 25,000+ employees.
Everyone Matters at Merlin.
At Merlin we welcome the world to our magical attractions
and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside
our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where
people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together.
Because at Merlin, everyone matters! Together, we work to create a workplace
where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability or
sexual orientation. Although we understand that we'll always be learning and
growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry.